How To Use Zarifa For Pain Management
Zarifa USA specializes in Our IQ TENS / EMS Units. They are Class II medical devices that are approved and licensed by the US Food and Drug Administration. Side effects entailed to a TENS unit are very rare; however, our unique devices cannot be used by any individual impacted by the following medical conditions.
Pacemaker and Severe Heart DisordersIt is possible that our TENS therapy devices can interfere with implanted medical devices. Avoid our TENS unit if you have a pacemaker or heart disease. The electrical currents generated by the TENS unit can interfere with the functionality of your pacemaker. While some pacemakers are made safe with TENS therapy, it is best to consult your doctor before use.
Pregnant Women or Women who think they are pregnant should avoid using our TENS unit. The electrotherapy associated with the device can have negative effects on the unborn child.
Avoid TENS therapy in the first and second trimester. Also, never place the pads above the uterus. Ultimately consult with your doctor before use.
Epilepsy and Seizures
Although inconclusive the research does indicate the possibility that electrotherapy could trigger epileptic episodes and seizures. Erring on the side of caution Zarifa USA recommends you do not use our TENS unit if you suffer from Epilepsy and Seizures.
Important: Never place Pads or accessories directly over you heart of the temple region on either side of your head. For more information consult with your doctor before using our device.
Directions for Use
Your Zarifa USA device is designed to facilitate muscle recovery, stimulate muscles, and alleviate sore muscles.
Many Features accompany your Zarifa TENS unit and device to better your Recovery Experience.
- Variable Bio Electric Frequencies and Signals
- Realistic traditional Chinese massage (Tui Na) sensations and acupuncture technology.
- Portable, lightweight, durable design
- Reusable, self-adhesive, silicon, electrode gel pads
- Adjustable timer
- Place both massage pads on the area of your body where you are experiencing stress, stiffness, aches or pain.
- Set the unit to the mode and intensity level that fits your personal preference.
- Always start at the lowest intensity first and work up. Never start at a very high-intensity level.
- Sit back and enjoy the deep, relaxing sensations of your Zarifa USA electronic muscle stimulator.
TENS and EMS bY ZARIFA
Never place electrode pads on the following areas:
- Sinus nerves
- Throat or mouth
- Temples or around the brain
- Swollen, Infected, or Inflamed areas
- Skin eruptions
- Cancerous lesions
- Directly on your heart
Extending the life of your electrodes:
- Attach your electrodes to pads before you remove the plastic protector cover and before you place it on your body.
- Don’t touch the gel on the pads as this will reduce the life of your pads. Your pads are reusable so please don’t throw them away after use. Before you place your pads on the area to be treated put a few drops of water on the pads to improve adhesiveness to your skin.
Charging Your Device
- The lithium battery can be recharged through both AC adapter and USB cable.
- While charging, the screen in ON position indicates the charge, while in OFF position the screen is blank.
- The battery will charge in either one of the power positions (ON or OFF).
- The battery should be charged for 8-10 hours before first use.
- The device battery is built into our HiDow devices and is non-removable.
Zarifa USA Maintenance and Care
- Make sure your skin is free from any dirt, oil, or lotions.
- Before applying the gel pads, put a few drops of water on your fingers and rub them on both pads. This will help the gel pads maintain their adhesiveness.
- When you finish using the device, turn it off.
- Take off the gel pads.
- Place the protective films back on the gel pads or place them on the pad holder.
- Take the electrode wires out from the device and place back in the box until next use.
- Store your Zarifa USA device in a cool, dry place until next use.
TENS and EMS Device Placement Charts
To get the most out of your Zarifa USA device, it is best to use our placement chart. On this chart, you will be guided on where to place your pads to ensure that you get instant pain relief and muscle stimulation.
Directions for Use:
To maximize your electrotherapy experience, we suggest an application of 2-3 times per day for 40 – 60 minutes per application over 10 days for one course. Click here for the pad placement chart.
Important: Please note that this pressure point chart is for recommendation and reference purposes only. Do not discontinue your treatment prescribed by your doctor.
What are Acupuncture Treatment Points?
In acupuncture, a variety of styles and techniques are taught around the world. The Acupuncture Treatment Points targets conditions such as abdominal pain, arthritis, dizziness, insomnia, spasm, and more.
As a general rule, the choice of treatment points is based on the various actions and uses of different points. This can be utilized to decrease inflammation, manage specific conditions, or treat local pain.
Zarifa’s Electrotherapy Using TENS and EMS Units
Different diagnostics are examined to treat specific pressure points which led us to develop the Zarifa TENS/EMS device. Every unit uses electrotherapy which is designed to have the combination of massage and acupuncture making every user feel relaxed and pain-free.