What is the difference between acute and chronic pain?
When something is wrong, your body will keep you in check by sending pain signals. Whether the pain is short or long lasting, it is important to find a solution quickly. If left untreated this pain could evolve into a life time problem of chronic, debilitating pain.
The American Academy of Pain Medicine reports that “an astonishing 100 million Americans suffer pain each year, with more than half of pain sufferers believe[ing] that they have little or no control over their pain.
The good news is, you’re more empowered than you might think to alleviate and even eliminate your pain.
Locate the exact area of the pain you are experiencing.
Acute or Short Term Pain, is sudden and lasts anywhere from a few minutes to many months. Many times acute pain goes away on its own, if left untreated. Long Term or Chronic Pain is persistent, and typically involves infection, illness or injury. Chronic pain has the ability to affect the physical and psychological well-being of individuals.
1. Breathing Exercises: Deep Breathing and meditation are techniques that help your body relax, which may ease pain temporarily.
2. Exercise: The endorphins released during regular exercise can help block the pain signals before they are registered by your brain
3. Cut Back on Alcohol and Cigarettes: Sleeping is your body’s way to repair and revitalize your body. When you drink alcohol or smoke cigarette’s that sleep cycle Is disrupted and prevents you from undergoing the natural healing process.
4. Eat a Well Balanced Diet: Well-balanced diets aid your digestive process, reducing heart disease risk, and keeping weight under control. Many chronic pain problems are due to excessive weight gain. As your weight balances back to a healthy level many people see their chronic pain disappear
When these 4 method’s fail you there is one more Tried and True way of helping your Chronic Pain
5. TENS / EMS Massage Therapy
Zarifa TENS / EMS Devices are the first to combine the pain relief of a TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) unit with the muscle stimulation power of an EMS (Electrical Muscle Stimulation).
Our portable and compact rechargeable devices interrupt pain signals to the brain, relaxing and Stimulating the muscles through safe electrical charges. With regular use, Zarifa pain management TENS and EMS devices, eliminate pain from acute to chronic – without the need for medication.
Their portability and stylish form factor are just an added bonus.