So, you're all alone and in the mood to sit back and enjoy a long, soothing moment of peace? Then setting up your own personal relaxation room (and later atmosphere) is an essential step towards achieving this.
If you want to create a truly peaceful atmosphere for yourself, there are some important things to consider.
The first and most important is the environment in which you will be relaxing. Make sure it's free of distractions and noise pollution. Ideally, it should be a space where you can completely relax without anything getting in the way. For me, this space is my massage chair and I always make sure to turn off any form of communication (like my phone, tablet or computer) as well as anything else that might disturb my peace (like a vacuum cleaner).
Remember: The whole point of setting up a peaceful atmosphere is so you can escape from the world.
What you might want to do is put some calming music on, light some candles and maybe even burn some incense. The important thing is to make sure the scents and sounds you're surrounded by help you relax.
Speaking of which, make sure you're comfortable too! Get yourself a nice soft blanket, some comfortable clothes and maybe even a pillow for your head.
Massage tools are a great way to help relax and soothe tired muscles, but if you're not in the right frame of mind, they can just stress you out more. It's important to stay calm and relaxed when using massage tools, both for your own sake and for the sake of the person you're massaging.
Here are some tips and strategies to help stay calm and relaxed while using massage tools.
- Going into a massage situation with an open mind
- Making sure that the person you're massaging is comfortable
- What to do if you find yourself getting stressed out
- Using tools such as essential oils and music that can help you relax
Going into a massage situation with an open mind can help you stay calm and relaxed. If you're tense or stressed out before beginning, it's only going to make the experience more stressful.
Does massaging help muscle recovery?
When looking for a speedy recovery, utilizing massage as a means, increases oxygen and blood flow into your muscles and for some, it may decrease lactic acid build-up, a first sign of muscle soreness.
After a workout, muscles can become sore and it is important to stay in a peaceful state of mind while using massage tools because they can help ease stress and tension, leading to a faster recovery.
Here are some tips to use:
- Have a massage plan before starting your workout and remember to maintain it post-workout as well! I like to mix it up by either using my Lebron James Nike Max Shoes or these cooling nodes . The nodes are perfect because you can stick them in your gym bag so they are readily available post-workout.
- Be certain to always stay hydrated!
- Don't sleep with a full stomach because it slows down the healing process. If you're going to have a late-night snack, try going for something healthy like cereal and milk or fruit and yogurt!
- I'm not saying ditch your friends after a workout, but if you do want to socialize then make sure it's in a calm environment. Try going to a coffee shop or somewhere without a lot of noise!
- Finally, use massage tools to help ease any pain or tension you may be feeling. I like to use the TriggerPoint GRID foam roller which is really helpful for targeting tight muscles.
What makes a place calming, what makes a place relaxing?
Adding trees, shrubs, plants or flowers have been shown to make folks feel less stressed and calmer in their surroundings. Having “natural” sounds also help make a place feel more tranquil by installing things like water features or ponds.
Aromatherapy is another way to create a sense of relaxation in a space. Try using essential oils such as lavender, chamomile, or rose in an oil burner to help promote a feeling of peace and calm. Finally, if all else fails, adding soft furnishings such as rugs, cushions, and throws also assist in making the space feel relaxed and inviting.
The benefits of creating a calming and relaxing environment
In today's world, it is important to take time out for yourself and relax. Here’s why:
- Relaxing environments help to reduce anxiety and stress
Several studies have shown a link between the environment around us and our mental health . In fact, one study has found that spending time in green spaces can actually lower blood pressure as well as heart rate! Interestingly enough, it seems that experiencing nature in some form is enough to have a relaxing effect on people.
- Improves our sense of well-being
In addition to reducing levels of stress, creating a calming and relaxing environment has been found to improve people's sense of well-being . Use natural materials such as wood or stone to make a space feel more grounded. Also add plants and flowers to inject life into a room.
- Can promote better sleep
If you are struggling to get a good night's sleep, creating a relaxing environment in your bedroom may be the solution. A calm and soothing space is more likely to encourage restful slumber than a cluttered and noisy one.
- Helps to improve concentration and productivity
It is well-known that taking breaks is essential for maintaining productivity, but did you know that the environment in which you take your break can also be important? A study has shown that people who take breaks in a calm and relaxing environment are more productive than those who don't.
- Encourages creativity
Creative environments can be both calming and relaxing, which can help to stimulate the creative process.
The benefits of creating a calming and relaxing environment are clear. By taking a few simple steps, you can transform your home into a calming and relaxing oasis.
How can I be calm and peaceful?
- Make time to meditate
- Focus on gratitude
- Notice internal judgements
- Practice self-compassion
- Distance yourself from negative self-talk and beliefs
- Set routines
- Keep a journal
- Create a to-do list
In conclusion, the importance of setting the mood for peace before using massage tools is key to recovery. Doing so will help you accomplish the best workout possible and achieve your fitness goals faster!