Do you love massage and extreme sports? A massage gun can be a great companion to physical activity. It keeps your muscles functioning properly. Athletes use this little device for muscle recovery after injuries. Gym lovers keep it in their collection to use after sessions and reduce any soreness in their muscles.
Are massage guns good for muscles?
Studies show that massage guns minimize delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) and enhance short-term muscular length. DOMS can cause muscle pain for up to 72 hours following strenuous activity. You can reduce muscle soreness and aid muscle recovery by using the massage gun on the muscles that had worked up throughout the workout.
According to one study, five minutes of percussion therapy increased ankle dorsiflexion, or the ability to move the toes toward the shins. This research showed no substantial increase in torque or power in the calf muscles. Moreover, per one study, Percussion therapy can enhance a muscle's short-term length.
There has been little research that shows an increase in speed, endurance, or torque. Therefore, percussive therapy cannot claim to increase athletic performance directly. A massage gun can be very successful, depending on what you want to do with it. Massage guns are fantastic for stretching muscles and alleviating discomfort.
How can massage guns help muscle growth?
If you use a massage gun daily, it will relieve stress and energize your body. The primary goal of massage is to improve physical wellness while reducing muscle stress and tension.
Deep tissue massage increases blood circulation, which causes your muscles to become larger and healthier. Your tissue cells improve circulation, which aids in overall metabolism. The body's supply of nutrients improves due to improved blood circulation. More blood supply helps your muscles grow faster than before.
Athletes place a high value on athletic performance. Sports performance will also improve with a massage gun because massage provides the body with energy and increases muscle power.
How to use the massage gun?
First, let's walk through the steps of using the massage gun.
Turn on the massage gun.
If this is your first time using a massage gun, start with the slowest pace possible until you understand your tolerance well. Slowly raise the speed as you get more comfortable with it.
Softly float the massage gun around your muscles while you're using it.
You're not getting the full advantages if you tense your muscles too much. Slowly move the massage gun across the belly of the muscle while controlling your breathing.
Tips for using the massage gun correctly
To obtain the most benefits from your massage guns, you must first understand how to use them properly. A misused massage gun can cause injury or, even worse, be a waste of money.
The following are some helpful hints for using your massage gun.
- Ensure you're not massaging any wounded regions when using the massage gun. If you have a strain, sprain, tendinitis, or fractured bone, you should wait for the ailment to heal before utilizing a massage gun. It is critical to operate the equipment with common sense.
- When using the massage gun, be sure you're not massaging any injured areas. If you have a strain, sprain, tendinitis, or fractured bone, you should not use a massage gun until the injury has healed. It's vital to use common sense when using the equipment.
- It's crucial to give your muscles time to adjust to the sensation, so don't go for maximal speed and pressure right once. Instead, begin slowly and gradually increasing your workout's speed and intensity. Most massage guns provide a variety of speed and pressure settings to assist you in receiving the most excellent vibration or percussion therapy results.
- Consult your doctor or physician if you use prescription blood thinners or have any sensitive areas or clots.
- We recommend using a mix of methods to relieve muscular discomfort.
- Accessories like foam rollers, stretching, and ice packs may be effective in conjunction with a muscle vibrating gun.
How long should you use your massage gun?
The most frequent method of relieving sore muscles for most people is to utilize a massage gun. Massage guns aren't nearly as terrible when you're in pain and make you feel great afterward!
Is there such a thing as too much of a good thing? The massage gun's head provides micro traumas you may not feel until after a long time. Massage guns can cause muscular atrophy or paralysis if overused by inexperienced users.
Muscle activation: 30 seconds
Yes, the massage gun can target your muscles to engage them and make you feel more energized before an exercise or activity. Turn on the massager for up to 30 seconds before moving on to your next task!
Muscle reactivation: 15 seconds
Are you weary in the middle of your workout? Are you experiencing muscle spasms or fatigue? You can stimulate them for an additional 15 seconds.
Muscle recovery and pain relief: 2 Minutes
You can repeat this process as often as you like throughout the day, with at most 1-2 hours between sessions.
To maximize the benefits of a massage gun, you must keep all of the above tips and instructions in mind. If you're looking for the best massage guns, you've come to the right place. Zarifa USA's premium massage guns are designed specifically for you. If you are an athlete or a gym lover, this is your chance to add a top-notch massage gun to your collection.
All Zarifa USA products are HSA and FSA-eligible. You can contribute your health savings funds towards purchasing any of our products!